Tuesday 1 September 2009

Love in the WSOP

Call me sentimental, call this post a terrible cliché that needs to be erased upon release, I don’t care, I am still going to right it. ‘And what am I going to write about?’ You ask, well I am going to write about love. ‘But this is a poker blog’ you say, and yes I can hear you and I see you hand moving toward the back button, but WAIT! I am going to right about love in the poker world.

This is an important issue for me to right about since poker players has a reputation of being loners, detached poker faced sunglasses people and although it’s completely true in most cases, there are still parts of us which are same as regular humans. We fall in love too and we marry, yes I wrote Marry. To prove my point I will bring here 2 beautiful love stories that started in the WSOP environment and are, till this post date of issue any way, still leaving happily ever after.

I am referring to Jennifer Harman & Marco Traniello and the newlyweds Chad Brown & Vanessa Rousso. Their relationship is an example for all of you cynical out there claiming poker player, like artists, must die alone in a dark corner with a whiskey bottle half empty, a pack of cards and some poker chips in our pockets.
So here’s to you poker couples, hang on and keep inspiring us all.


















No comments:

Post a Comment